Photo Contest Winner March 2015: Deborah Espinosa
The Land Tenure and Resource Management Flickr Group and Photo Contest is open! See the guidelines below for joining and submitting.
Land Tenure and Resource Management Flickr Group and Photo Contest
In the post-2015 sustainable development context, land tenure and property rights issues present both obstacles and solutions to our most critical development goals: addressing extreme poverty, enhancing resilience, improving food security, combatting climate change, and reducing conflict.
Your photos can help us tell us the story of how land tenure and property rights play a role in all of these important issues. Therefore, USAID’s Land Tenure and Resource Management (LTRM) Office is launching a contest to solicit photos that depict these important issues. Photos will be judged based on their aesthetic appeal, effectiveness in conveying a story related to land tenure and property rights, creativity, and overall impact. Contest winners will be selected by the staff of the LTRM Office.
To submit a photo, please request entry to the LTRM group on Flickr. Alternatively, photos can be submitted either by sending photos as an attachment or by saving photos in Dropbox or Google drive and then sending the link to email@example.com. There is no maximum number of photos that one person can submit. The next deadline for submissions is September 30, 2015. The contest will repeat on a regular basis.
Photos will be uploaded to Flickr and winners will be announced on social media platforms and the USAID Land Tenure and Property Rights Portal. We will notify you via email if your photo wins.
USAID has the right to reproduce your photo in ANY format, including print products, online, and in social media. Please make sure you read the disclaimer below for full details.
- High-resolution, high quality photos that are at least 1024 x 768 pixels or larger, or around 300 pixels per inch. Please send us the highest resolution version of the photo you have (at least 1 MB). If you are using Photoshop, please send only level 7 or higher compressed photos.
- Accepted formats: high quality JPG, JPEG, PNG, and BMP
- Photos must be original (submitted by photographer or with permission)
- Photos must each include a credit: name of photographer and organizational affiliation (if applicable)
- Photos must each include a unique, robust caption, which includes a description of what is going on in the photo, who is involved, where it was taken, and how it is a part of or relates to land tenure and property rights
- Photos must also be tagged at a minimum with: date (ddmmyyyy), country, subject(s), and any relevant USAID project or program title (if applicable)